As I mentioned yesterday, I have now added a text file sitemap to my Article Directory. This was harder than anticipated due to all the rewrite rules being in encrypted files, so I basically had to guess them. I’ve submitted it to Google webmaster tools, so hopefully any errors will show up there.
The pages I’ve added to the sitemap are Profile pages, Category pages – although, as with the web directory, I think modifications will need to be made for categories with multiple pages – and the Article pages.
EDIT: Okay, after submitting it to Google, one problem has cropped up – too many URLs. It seems you can only have a maximum of 50,000 URLs in one sitemap. I’ve modified the generator so that it now makes two sitemaps – the original one which holds articles and categories, and a second sitemap that holds profiles.